What is the first thing someone tells you when they explain why it’s so hard to go vegan?? They will most likely talk to you about dairy and how they just can’t let go of that cheese!! Well, what if I told you that you can make a cheese so good you won’t miss it because you will be able to whip it up in no time at all 🙂 I myself loved cheese, but personally didn’t care to have and cheese what so ever, after knowing what these poor animals went through just so we can steal their milk.
After 8 years or trial and error, I have managed to make some of the best vegan cheeses around. My clients keep returning for more, making that a good sign don’t you think 🙂
So here is one I would like to share with you all. One of my best sellers too!! So if you liked Goat cheese like me. I loved cheeses, here’s a nice Spicy chili paprika aged cheese that tastes very similar. Here is the link to the video enjoy!!
I call this soul food 🙂 This is what I like to call a no-stress dish because it is just so easy to make and to throw together! It will satisfy everyone at home and is for sure a crowd pleaser at any potlucks! The flavors all merry wonderfully together and dance happily around in your mouth with explosive flavors. This dish is especially well liked by heat lovers, but if you can’t handle all of that heat just leave some out, you still won’t be disappointed. It’s just that good, and it will keep you coming back for more, even if I do say so myself!!
- Start off by toasting your coriander seeds, and cumin powder, this will release all of the flavors and aromas.
- Add the olive oil, chopped onion and crushed garlic. Stir till the onions become translucent.
- Add the chopped cayenne pepper along with the chili powder and flakes. Make sure to stir for about a minute, making sure not to make it stick.
- Add your tomatoes that you have crushed with a fork or a potato masher beforehand. Then go on to add your beans, potato, zucchini, water, maple salt and pepper. When it comes to salt, remember less is always better. You can always add more salt to your dish, but you can never remove it!
- Let it cook for at least 25 to 30 minutes or until the potatoes get tender.
- Now you can add your parsley. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and check to see if you need more salt, and add a dash of liquid smoke.
- Serve hot with a dollop of vegan sour cream ( you can use tofutti sour cream ) and chopped cilantro.
You will need:
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large yellow onion
4 cloves minced garlic
1/2 to 1 large red hot Cayenne pepper chopped
1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
1.2 teaspoon chili flakes
1 zucchini chopped
3 -4 potato chopped
2 can whole roma tomatoes ( hand crush with a fork or potato masher ) you want to be able to still have some large pieces of tomato
2 1/2 cans beans I used red kidney, black, and 1/2 can mixed
1 cup of chopped parsley
a dash or two of liquid smoke
1 cups water ( you can always add more if needed )
3 tablespoon maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste
chopped cilantro for garnish
tofutti sour cream